39 photos
The Diamont Palace opened in 1905 in the Sint-Gillis district of Brussels. It was first a ‘Salle de Spectacle’ and the auditorium was located at first floor level. The foyer and stairs have the feel of entering a grand house, with marble, mirrors and chandeliers. Seating in the auditorium was provided in stalls and balcony levels. It was a palistered and mirrored auditorium, flanked by Moorish style arches along the walls.

Since the seventies it was used as storage location. The Aegidium was officially closed for public in 1985, the building was classified in 2006 and still waiting for restoration.

Categories & Keywords
Category:Architecture and Structures
Subcategory:Places of Interest
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:Aegidium, Belgique, Belgium, België, Brussel, Brussels, Bruxelles, Mauresque, Moorish, Moors, abandoned, cinema, theater, theatre, urban, urbex, verlaten

AegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidiumAegidium